July 25, 2011

The Wait

I, Pei-Lin, had temporarily jilted this blog. It was left in the lurch, remained stuck at the Fourth, when in reality, the world has moved on, and that now it’s already July 25.

It’s the end of July! There’s a three weeks’ gap in between! People, I’ve deserted this blog for a good three weeks! Ouch.

I’m sorry if I’ve kept you waiting. I know exactly how it feels, that the wait sucks, that waiting sucks, because I’d made myself wait, too.

Koi

In the last three weeks, I was waiting for miracles to happen, when the atheist and pragmatist in me should have told me earlier, that miracles are of nonexistence. The na├»ve me went out on a limb, jeopardizing myself — well, virtually — in the hands of a few morons. Sorry, but I have to be frank, because these fellas were utter morons. And I bet you can now sense in me an energy surrounding these, an anger that has yet to subside.

Trust has been violated. My heart was broken. I wept. But I’m getting over with it. I’m moving on. My family and close friends are there for me.

So, just so you wonder, during my absence here, I was out there getting my soul hurt, and at the same time, straining myself at the new job I’d embarked upon earlier this month. I’d had to work on weekend, to travel for official duty without an early notice. Not that I’m whining here, please don’t take me wrong, but I just want to let you know that things haven’t been easy on me. The transparency just isn’t there when there’s not much time, when there are so many stories I can’t possibly write and have not, or never, even blogged about.

I am where now I am. A different industry. A relatively new field and a new position that entails a relatively different job scope, with occasional out-of-town trips and two hours of commuting every day. I’m learning new stuff every day, too; hence, the mental and physical exhaustion. Now I’m no longer writing full time; writing, though still required, no longer takes center stage at my day job. The point is, I decided to redeem myself, career-wise, by taking up something a little different. It’s not the same as being a writer and a copywriter — where I was.

Somewhere in Ipoh, Perak ...
The new job has taken me to Ipoh ... More trips to Ipoh to come, for sure.

All of this, I believe, is going to make it even harder for me to let go of writing, of writing on this blog. Writing is a part of me, my catharsis, through which I let my creativity and imagination run free after hours of bureaucratic and corporate restraints.

I value trust — since I’ve been hurt — and I know the trust between a writer and her readers is important. Here’s my promise: In three days, there’ll be a new post and a recipe from me. In fact, this coming post has been in draft since July 7, and I’ve been writing it on and off, at home and at work and on my head while driving to and fro work. It's about there. I’ve been a doing terrible job, I know.

Anyhow, before I go, here are a few interesting stuff (well, at least to me) that I’d like to share with you. If you’ve been following me on Twitter, you’ll know I’d tweeted about these a while back.

I’ll talk to you again in a few days, as promised. In the meantime, have a fabulous week ahead!

Hello, Koi!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog and your delicious recipes. Hence, please do not stop writing this blog. Sorry to know that you are always being bullied and betrayed by "friends". My conclusion of you is that you are a very nice and trustworthy person and hence, your so called "friends" will never hesitate to take advantage of your kindness. If you are a fierce and selfish person, they will have a second thought of taking advantage of you. Being too kind will always be a doormate to those so called "friends". Well, be happy and never let these parasites take advantage of you again or let them ruin your peace of mind and happiness. Take care. Theresa

Passionate About Baking said...

Good to read about your updates, Pei-Lin. I wish you all the success in your new job! I hope you can share more about your future trips to Ipoh. I hope everything goes well for you. Take care.

edith said...

Love your fish bowl shots. I am sure you will enjoy your new job and have fun with it. and welcome back.

Nhi-Ha Pham said...

Hi Pei-lin

All the best to your new job. I hope you enjoy it and make the best our of it. Love your blog! :)

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Hey Peilin - glad that you've moved on to experiment with a new job. I am sure you will be able to see and reap the positive out of your new job.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Pei-Lin, sorry to hear about your disappointment, hey if you are not happy with this job, give me call okay? Be safe and know that if you need an ear or two ears, I am here:D HUGZZ!!

Pei-Lin said...

Dear All, I am terribly sorry for the super-late replies here. I've been working long hours and am exhausted by the time I get home from work -- taking into consideration the horrible traffic congestion and long commuting time. Thank you so much for the sweet, kind, and encouraging words! They really mean a lot to me! Have a gorgeous Sunday and lovely week ahead!

@Theresa: Awww ... THANK YOU SO MUCH! I remember I woke up to these words of yours and when I first read them the other morning, I smiled. To be honest, I am really tired, not to mention the power of my brain on the low side by the end of the day. What I can tell you is, now, I have less time to be in solitude and write in peace -- a process that I actually enjoy and find therapeutic, and still, I will do some writing whenever time allows and I don't feel worn out. I still have lots of good, tested recipes that I have yet to share with y'all! I have lots of things I'd love to write about, too. I'd still like to take writing on this blog a way to hone my own writing skills. The corporate world is distressing place to be in, y'know! Take care. I appreciate your thoughts and kindness! =D

Pei-Lin said...

Dear All, I am terribly sorry for the super-late replies here. I've been working long hours and am exhausted by the time I get home from work -- taking into consideration the horrible traffic congestion and long commuting time. Thank you so much for the sweet, kind, and encouraging words! They really mean a lot to me! Have a gorgeous Sunday and lovely week ahead!

@Jane: Hahaha! I hope I will even have the time to snap pics while I am in Ipoh. Sometimes I do feel embarrassed to even unveil my camera. Haha! You take care, too. =)

@Edith: Thanks a lot! I hope I am enjoying that job. *Sigh* Take care! When I am Singapore, I'll let you know!

@Nhi-Ha Pham: Thank you so much for being supportive and for visiting me on here. May you have a fabulous Sunday and week ahead!

@Shirley: Thanks! You're always here with wise words. Though I may not be enjoying the job (it's true, actually), I'll try to reap the positive out of it. I've been learning a whole lot, to be honest. =)

@Veron: Thank you! Thank you for calling me the other day -- and with some good news, too. I'll definitely give you a buzz and even visit you and Gary when time allows. I always enjoy spending time with you two. I'd like to prepare food to share with you both again!

homeladychef said...

Good luck in ur new job! Pei lin! Just dropping by to say HALO! I abandoned my blog for 3 months, ur case is nothing to be worried abt. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails